Milwaukee, WI – Penta Technologies, Inc., a leading developer of enterprise software for the construction industry, today announced today that Lorneville Mechanical Contractors have selected PENTA Software for unified Project Management, Canadian Union Payroll and Construction Accounting. Lorneville Mechanical has experienced rapid growth over the last five years, and has grown to become Eastern Canada’s premier provider of mechanical field construction and maintenance services to the Hydro, Pulp & Paper, Petrochemical and Utilities industries.
As Lorneville Mechanical expanded its service offerings, geographical reach and employee base, use of isolated, disparate management systems grew within the company as well.
“Our rapid growth over the last five years has exposed the need to consolidate operational information currently being managed in non-integrated systems,” said John Warrington, Chief Financial Officer of Lorneville Mechanical. “PENTA will bridge the gap between Lorneville Mechanical’s Project Managers and the rest of our back office operations.”
Lorneville Mechanical, a union contractor, also needed proven Canadian Union Payroll software capable of handling its large payroll of specialty trade workers, which reached 1,600 total workers in 2009.
“The biggest benefit of PENTA software for us is its ability to manage a Canadian unionized payroll environment, including our union agreements,” said Warrington. “Lorneville will also benefit from PENTA’s document management, powerful business analytics capabilities, and broad range of functional modules for mechanical contractors, which will help us continue to expand our services into new markets.”
Diverse, geographically dispersed and multi-trade contractors are increasingly turning to PENTA Software to improve business performance and simplify management of complex operations.
“Lorneville Mechanical Contractors are proven leaders in mechanical field construction and maintenance services,” said Karl Koenig, Penta President. “Everyone here at Penta is excited to help Lorneville prepare for their next wave of growth with software that injects best practices into their construction accounting, payroll and field operations. PENTA will help Lorneville improve business performance through integration, consistent business process execution and continual performance analysis.”
Mechanical and other Specialty Contractors are seeking systems that:
- Project Managers can use to effectively manage and deliver multiple construction projects to their customers meeting the highest standards of budget, schedule, quality and safety.
- Unify management of construction jobs, work orders, and maintenance contracts.
- Simplify multi-location, multi-company and inter-company accounting.
- Eliminate paper and manual process inefficiencies with enterprise content management.
- Support the decentralized and mobile nature of engineering and construction by being available anywhere, anytime though use of Web, mobile and other advanced technologies.
- Analyze historical performance for planning, identify exceptions for action, and trend current performance for forecasting, while "drilling down" to critical supporting detail.
About Lorneville Mechanical Contractors
Lorneville Mechanical is a professional, experienced mechanical service and engineering company. We specialize in construction, maintenance, installation, and fabrication of industrial equipment. Since 1977, LMC/QUALMEC has competently executed a wide variety of projects for many heavy industry clients. For more information, please visit www.lmc-ltd.ca.