Penta Appoints New Executive Vice President of Sales and Marketing
Appointment of Dick Cotter, a leader in building high performance sales and marketing teams, strengthens the Penta executive team to support ongoing construction software market growth
Milwaukee, WI – February 2011 - Penta Technologies, Inc., a leading provider of construction software, is pleased to announce that it has named Dick Cotter as new Executive Vice President in charge of Sales and Marketing. He will be responsible for accelerating customer and revenue growth, overseeing all new customer engagement and acquisition activities, including sales, marketing and product marketing for Penta’s suite of project management, field service and accounting software products for the construction industry.
Dick has over 30 years’ of sales and management experience with a proven track record of orchestrating profitable revenue growth in the enterprise software industry. Dick’s work draws on his real life experience in sales leadership positions and best practices of some outstanding organizations such as J.D. Edwards, PeopleSoft, Platinum Technology, Digital Equipment Corporation and Computer Associates.
With a passion for building high performance sales & marketing teams, Dick has successfully implemented programs and process improvements that drive new business growth, particularly in enterprise software designed for specific vertical markets.
“The addition of Dick Cotter to Team Penta is an important and exciting step for the company,” said Karl Koenig, Penta CEO. “I’m confident that Dick’s talents and experience will help Penta further expand our presence in the construction industry by bringing new perspective, ideas and energy to our sales and marketing operations.”
Cotter said, “I’m very excited to join the Penta team, a talented group of industry professionals backed by a powerful set of construction software products. I look forward to working with the exceptional people of Penta, to build on the history of proven results they have established.”
Diverse, geographically dispersed and growing construction firms are increasingly turning to PENTA software to improve business performance and simplify management of complex operations. Construction firms are seeking systems that:
- Project Managers can use to effectively manage and deliver multiple construction projects to their customers meeting the highest standards of budget, schedule, quality and safety.
- Unify financial and operations management of construction jobs, work orders, and maintenance contracts into one database.
- Simplify multi-location, multi-company and inter-company construction accounting.
- Eliminate paper and manual process inefficiencies with enterprise content management.
- Mobilize field data reporting for crews and service technicians.
- Analyze historical performance for planning, identify exceptions for action, and trend current performance for forecasting, while "drilling down" to critical supporting detail.