Integrated Construction Accounting, Job Cost Accounting, Equipment and Project Management for Heavy & Civil Contractors
Heavy and Civil Contractors serving North America's commercial and civil markets trust their businesses to PENTA software every day. With PENTA, heavy & civil contractors manage their business with less effort, consistently execute their best practices, and improve productivity by continually analyzing their performance.
- Unifies management of construction jobs, work orders, and maintenance contracts
- Simplifies multi-location, multi-company and inter-company accounting
- Automates collection and transmission of labor time, equipment usage and material inventory data with mobile field reporting software
- Empowers decision-makers by placing daily management information at their fingertips in an analytical, intuitive format
- Facilitates union payrolls, including extensive capabilities to define reciprocity rules to accurately pay employees and fund union benefits
Integrated PENTA software applications for Heavy & Civil Contractors include:
Please read on to learn more about PENTA Software for Heavy and Civil Contractors.
Keys to a Successful Construction Software Rollout
Evaluating Construction Accounting Software? Learn the three Keys to a Successful System Rollout.
Download the White Paper
Award-Winning Construction Management Suite
PENTA has been repeatedly recognized with Constructech 50, Vision, Top Product and numerous other awards. Penta Technologies' customers improve performance with integrated construction and service management applications, consistent process execution and continual performance analysis.
PENTA Equipment Management focuses on providing comprehensive, complete and accurate data to support your equipment management decisions:
- Global visibility of equipment location
- Automatically charge jobs based upon equipment location – Rental Method
- Charge jobs / work orders for equipment utilization on a “per unit” basis – Usage Method
- Maintain history of repair & maintenance, usage and ownership costs for each piece of equipment
- Invoice customers on Cost Plus or Time & Material jobs / work orders for equipment
- Establish preventive maintenance schedules and automatically schedule equipment for service
- Calculate book and tax depreciation amounts
Labor, Equipment and Material (LEM) Process
Heavy contractors are often required to obtain daily customer authorization of work performed for labor, equipment and materials. PENTA Software manages the complete daily LEM process cycle, from field data collection, customer approval via Sharepoint® site, to performance analysis. Heavy contractors will simplify and quicken their LEM process with PENTA Software.
Crew-Based Field Reporting
When it comes to software options for construction firms, one size does not fit all. PENTA Work Package Manager apps offer crew-based field reporting tools designed to make crew foremen and front-line supervisors more efficient. PENTA Work Package Manager apps help your foremen and front-line supervisors improve schedule reliability and predictability, while being more efficient with administrative functions.
Integrated with PENTA and Microsoft Outlook®, Project Managers use the PENTA Project Administration to identify potential cost overruns in time to rectify, address and track issues in a timely fashion, quickly provide project cost status and forecasts to accounting, maintain history of project communications, and easily route, log, and store all communications and documents in a secure repository. PENTA Project Administration is easy to learn, easy to use, and lets PMs quickly move from activity to activity to effectively respond to the fast-changing demands of their jobs, including:
- Meeting Minutes
- Change Requests
- Daily Reports
Document Management and Workflow
Powered by market-leading Enterprise Content Management Technology, Penta customers can import documents into PENTA by scan or from disk, centrally store documents in a networked repository of electronic documents, link documents to PENTA records by importing a file, dragging and dropping an Outlook® item, or searching for a stored document, and generate documents based on data from within PENTA, including Work Orders, Subcontracts, Change Requests, RFIs and Submittals.
Whether union or non-union, payroll is one of the largest administrative challenges for labor-intensive specialty contractors. With decades experience managing some of North America's largest construction payrolls, PENTA can drastically reduce the overhead required to manage your company's payroll. Features include:
- Union Reciprocity
- Labor Distribution
- Employee and Department Utilization
- Qualification Tracking
- Mobile Field Time Reporting
- Payroll and Timecard Analytics
Integrated Construction Business Intelligence
PENTA Role-Based Workbenches are construction business intelligence tools that help heavy highway and heavy civil contractors continually analyze performance against their key performance indicators. Role-Based Workbenches moves contractors beyond static reports to evaluate trends, share information and more effectively manage the performance of their organizations.
Learn How PENTA Can Help You
Penta Technologies develops enterprise software that helps construction, service, and engineering enterprises improve business performance.
Request a Free Demo